Before performing the following operations, read this manual completely. Prior to loading this pistol, make sure the chamber is empty and check the bore to make sure it is free from excessive oil and is unobstructed. Firing the pistol with any obstruction in the bore may cause serious injury to the shooter and/or bystanders and damage the pistol.
WARNING: Cartridges must be fed from magazine, never load cartridges directly into chamber.
1. Be sure to use only clean factory ammunition. This pistol is not to be used with reloaded ammunition.
2. To load magazine, place the rim of the cartridge on top of follower and depress, slip cartridge rim back under lips of magazine. Magazine holds five rounds.
3. Insert magazine into pistol with bullet rounds facing forward, push magazine all the way up until magazine latch locks magazine in. KEEP FINGER OFF TRIGGER. WARNING: Pistol is now ready to be charged (loaded). Point in a safe direction, KEEP FINGER OFF TRIGGER. Hold gun grip with your left hand; with your right hand, grip serrations on slide and pull slide all the way back. This brings the slide into rear motion and feeds the first cartridge out of the magazine and into the chamber. Your pistol is now charged (loaded) and ready to fire. We do not recommend carrying this pistol charged (loaded).
After firing last shot, remove magazine, after magazine is removed unload the pistol by'pulling back the slide to visually make sure the chamber is empty. Also check window on the side of the slide, to verify the chamber is empty.
LOADED CHAMBER INSPECTION WINDOW
WARNING - ALWAYS ASSUME THERE IS A CARTRIDGE IN THE CHAMBER IF THE SLIDE IS CLOSED AND ALWAYS CHECK CHAMBER TO MAKE SURE IT IS EMPTY.
In the event that a cartridge "jams" or does not feed into the chamber, do not force the slide shut. Following is the proper procedure for cleaning the jammed pistol:
1. Be sure the muzzle is pointed in a safe direction. KEEP FINGER OFF
2. Carefully remove the magazine. Pull the slide to its rear-most position.
If drawing the slide all the way back does not pull the cartridge along with it, it may be necessary to use a small wood or plastic dowel, sharpened on one end, to gently remove the cartridge from the chamber and ejection port. Do not use a metal tool. NEVER INSERT ANYTHING IN THE BARREL TO REMOVE CARTRIDGE.
3. Carefully inspect the pistol to be sure that a cartridge did not become lodged in the magazine well of the grip frame.
After completion of the shooting session, the following procedure should be carried out exactly as described to unload the pistol.
The .380 DA.O. pistol will not stay open after the last shot. ALWAYS CHECK THE CHAMBER AFTER USE TO MAKE SURE IT IS EMPTY.
Never carry the pistol with a round in the chamber. Never transport or store the pistol with a round in the chamber or rounds in the magazine.
The following procedure must be followed to unload the pistol. Failure to follow this procedure exactly could result in the chamber being inadvertently loaded.
1. KEEP FINGER OFF OF TRIGGER AND POINT THE MUZZLE IN A
3. After the magazine is removed, you must pull back on the slide forcibly to extract the cartridge from the chamber and eject it out the ejection port. Drawing the slide back slowly may result in the cartridge falling in the magazine well and becoming lodged in the frame of the pistol. When you are certain that the chamber is empty, lower the slide to its foward position.
Was this article helpful?