Dear Friends of ANSCHÜTZ, You have made a good choice, now that you have decided to buy an ANSCHÜTZ product. The many great results obtained with ANSCHÜTZ rifles by target shooters, participants in the Olympic Games as well as in World and European championships throughout the world made your choice easy, as your rifle has benefited from our great experience of making fine sporting and target rifles since 1856. World-wide, ANSCHÜTZ rifles are respected because of their fine accuracy, impeccable design and immaculate workmanship. Should you still be unaware, they include:
The famous ANSCHÜTZ small bore target rifles, air rifles and air pistols; small bore biathlon rifles and repeater summer biathlon air rifles; hunting rifles and shotguns in diverse calibers, small bore single loaders and repeaters, Flobert rifles, silhouette pistols, silhouette rifles and Varmint rifles.
Please read carefully the following articles before using this rifle. It is extremely important that you become thoroughly familiar with this rifle and its operating characteristics by carefully reading and understanding the instructions in this booklet before you attempt any use of it with ammunition. Always remember the sequence of disassembly. Should you still have problems with the safe usage and correct handling of your rifle or should you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact a competent gunsmith or dealer or address our factory directly. This instruction leaflet is extraordinarily important. Make sure that it is always with the rifle especially when it is sold, lent or otherwise given to a third person. Our products are exclusively meant for target shooting. Their use is subject to the „General Technical Rules" for all target shooting disciplines of the INTERNATIONAL SHOOTING SPORT FEDERATION (ISSF), Bavariaring 21, 80336 München, Germany or to the rules of the INTERNATIONAL BIATHLON UNION, Airportcenter, Postbox 1, A-5073 WalsHimmelreich, Austria. Additional copies of this booklet can be ordered.
This ANSCHÜTZ firearm has been carefully test fired and inspected before shipment from the factory. The mechanism of this firearm has been properly designed, tested and fitted with the utmost attention to safety. However, any mechanical device can fail and no such device can prevent accidents caused by carelessness or thoughtless handling. ANSCHÜTZ cannot control the handling of each firearm once they leave the factory. Please take the time to inspect the firearm carefully before use.
DO NOT USE ANY FIREARM WITHOUT A COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING OF IT'S SAFE USE AND PROPER HANDLING CHARACTERISTICS.
This rifle can be dangerous if it is not used correctly or if this instruction leaflet is not observed. The privilege of ownership and safe use of your rifle carries a personal responsibility that no one should take lightly. Rifle accidents would not occur if the following rules of shooting safety were observed.
The Ten Commandments of Firearms
•Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using.
•Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
•Firearms should be unloaded when not in use.
•Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before using.
•Be sure of your target before you shoot.
•Wear shooting glasses and ear protection when you shoot.
•Never climb a tree or fence with a loaded firearm.
•Never transport a loaded firearm.
•Avoid alcoholic beverages or drugs when shooting or handling a gun.
There is no substitute for personal responsibility and common sense in the handling, use and storage of firearms. Securely store your unloaded guns away from access by children or unauthorized adults.
1. Treat every rifle as though it was loaded. Do not take anyone's word or automatically assume it is not loaded. Check your rifle personally each time you handle it. The safe and courteous way to carry a rifle when you are with others is to leave the bolt open so that they can easily see that the rifle cannot be fired. Make sure that the rifle is not loaded when you stop shooting. Make sure your rifle is unloaded before every transport. Never pick up your rifle with your finger on the trigger or the trigger guard.
2. Whenever you pick up your rifle, point the muzzle at the ground. Always point the muzzle of the barrel in a safe direction. Never pull a rifle towards you by the muzzle.
3. Only use your rifle in approved shooting ranges. Shoot your rifle only under good visibility and daylight conditions. If you use your rifle in an indoors range, make sure it is adequately ventilated. Make sure that there is a safe bullet trap which can be seen from all sides and that there is no one in the vicinity of your target. Be absolutely sure of a safe backstop and target. Never fire at a hard, smooth surface or water.
Never shoot at a skyline target or into the air. Do not shoot at anything from which a bullet may ricochet. Never fire your rifle with the muzzle in the water or against any other material to avoid an accident or damage of your rifle.
4. Be sure that you use the correct ammunition. The correct calibre can be seen on your rifle. Load your rifle only when you are at the range and ready to shoot. Use only genuine ANSCHÜTZ magazines. Do not exceed the stated magazine capacity. Alterations to the rifle or the use of non-ANSCHÜTZ magazines and accessories may cause malfunctions.
5. Always keep your rifle clean. Be sure the bore is not obstructed by dirt, water, grease or any other foreign materials. Never try to shoot out any obstruction.
6.Serious injury and damage can result from the use of the wrong ammunition, bore obstructions, or incorrect cartridge components.
7 Place the safety fully into „S" or „F" position - never inbetween. Always keep safety in full „safe" position until ready to fire. Do not put your finger on the trigger when operating the safety or whenever you are not ready to shoot.
8. When not in use your rifle should be stored in a locked and secure place accessible only to you. Check first to make sure it is unloaded. Store the rifle with uncocked trigger. Store ammunition in a separate and secure place. It is your special responsibility to make sure that at all times and especially when you are not present your rifle is well secured, out of any reach of children, careless adults and other unauthorised persons and in no way accessible to them. Never place any firearm in such a manner that it may be dislodged. For the safe storage of your rifle even in a locked cabinet or safe the use of an additional trigger lock is recommended. Only give your rifle to authorised persons. Never let your rifle be used by anyone who is not familiar with the safe handling of a rifle and these instructions. This rifle must only be used by a responsible adult or under his or her supervision.
9. Watch for any change in the operation of your rifle which might impair its safety. If you suspect or note a defect or malfunction, stop using it immediately, unload the rifle, make sure that it is not under pressure and send it to a competent gunsmith, the factory or its recommended repair station for inspection. Note: Apart from normal cleaning the rifle must only be disassembled by an authorized gunsmith. Unqualified handling or disassembly can cause injuries or irreparable damage of the rifle.
10. Your rifle should always be handled with extreme care. Make sure that it is never dropped or placed in such a way that it can fall. For transport purposes your rifle should be dry and clean. We recommend an approved protective and lockable gun case.
11. You must be in good physical condition and mental health and not under the influence of any substance (drugs, alcohol) which might impair vision, dexterity or judgement. Do not use your rifle when you are tired. Tiredness may result in a loss of control.
12. Clean your hands carefully after shooting and cleaning your ANSCHÜTZ product. Residues of bullets, powder or oil might impair the health of your skin.
13. Your ANSCHÜTZ rifle has been carefully built and inspected by skilled technicians to provide maximum efficiency. The service life depends on the owner's care and on cleaning following this instruction leaflet.
Ear and eye protection
You and other persons should always use approved hearing protection and approved shatterproof eye protection while shooting.
When using a firearm observe the corresponding regulations and laws for the use of firearms in your country.
Product related safety instructions
Important note for the handling of rifles:
1. Unload your rifle immediately if you do not intend to continue shooting. Remove the bolt or leave it open at least. In the case of a repeater remove the magazine as well. Make sure there is no cartridge left in the chamber.
2. Make sure there is nobody in the area of case ejection.
3. If you store the rifle remove the bolt and store the bolt uncocked in a separate place.
Important note for the handling of ammunition:
1. Exclusively use clean, factory loaded and new ammunition in the caliber approved for your rifle.
2. Be aware that the range of a bullet starting from cal. .22 l.r. might be 1.6 km or even longer. Therefore also be sure of the safety of the impact area.
1. ANSCHUTZ does not assume any responsibility or payment of damage claims for damages of any kind resulting from the disregard of these instructions, nonqualified treatment or repair, the use of nonoriginal ANSCHUTZ spare parts, incorrect handling, negligence, removal of the knot varnish or unauthorized modifications.
2. The stock of this rifle has been very carefully checked by factory inspectors prior to shipment and has been determined to be free of defects. Certain kinds of abuse, such as dropping of the rifle can cause damage to the stock for which the owner is solely responsible. We also assume no responsibility for defects resulting from inappropriate transportation (mail, forwarding agency, plane, etc.). Please immediately contact your transporter in such a case.
3. Changes or alterations to this rifle or any of its parts are prohibited. Such changes or alterations can significantly impair the safe use of our product and can lead to accidents involving severe or even fatal bodily injuries. Any product warranty will automatically lapse in case changes or alterations are implemented. Users are requested to carefully inspect the product with regard to possible changes and alterations before use. In case of doubt you should contact us for further information.
Small bore target rifles
■ 1912 ■ 1913
1907 ■ 1907 in
.22 l.r. / .22 l.r.
66 cm / 66 cm
Was this article helpful?