Although it can be assumed that shooters are familiar with the following rules we would like to emphasize them once again for reasons of safety. All firearms are hazardous objects. Extraordinary care has to be dedicated to their use and storage.
1. Treat every rifle as though it was loaded. Do not take anyone's word or automatically assume it is not loaded. Checkyour rifle personally each time you handle it. The safe and courteous way to carry a rifle when you are with others is to leave the bolt open so that they can easily see that the rifle cannot be fired. Make sure that the rifle is not loaded when you stop shooting. Make sure your rifle is unloaded before every transport. Never pick up your rifle with your finger on the trigger or the trigger guard.
2. Whenever you pick up your rifle, point the muzzle at the ground. Always point the muzzle of the barrel in a safe direction. Never pull a rifle towards you by the muzzle.
3. Only use your rifle in approved shooting ranges. Shoot your rifle only under good visibility and daylight conditions. If you use your rifle in an indoors range, make sure it is adequately ventilated. Make sure that there is a safe bullet trap which can be seen from all sides and that there is no one in the vicinity of your target. Be absolutely sure of a safe backstop and target. Never fire at a hard, smooth surface or water. Never shoot at a skyline target or into the air. Do not shoot at anything from which a bullet might ricochet. Never fire your rifle with the muzzle in the water or against any other material to avoid an accident or damage of your rifle.
4. Be sure that you use the correct ammunition. The correct caliber can be seen on your rifle. Load your rifle only when you are at the range and ready to shoot. Use only genuine ANSCHUTZ magazines. Do not exceed the stated magazine capacity. Alterations to the rifle or the use of non-AN-SCHUTZ magazines and accessories may cause malfunctions.
5. Always keep your rifle clean. Be sure the bore is not obstructed by dirt, water, grease or any other foreign materials. Never try to shoot out any obstruction. If a shot has not been released when the trigger has been pulled, direct the barrel in a safe direction, activate the safety, open the action and carefully remove the bullet.
6. Serious injury and damage can result from the use of the wrong ammunition, bore obstructions, or incorrect cartridge components.
Z Place the safety fully into ,,S" or ,,F" position - never in between. Always keep safety in full „safe" position until ready to fire. Do not put your finger on the trigger when operating the safety or whenever you are not ready to shoot.
8. When not in use your rifle should be stored in a locked and secure place accessible only to you. Check first to make sure it is unloaded. Store the rifle with uncocked trigger. Store ammunition in a separate and secure place. It is your special responsibility to make sure that at all times and especially when you are not present your rifle is well secured, out of any reach of children and other unauthorized persons and in no way accessible to them. For the safe storage of your rifle even in a locked cabinet or safe the use of an additional trigger lock is recommended. Even if you use such a device, your rifle always must be unloaded when not being used. Only give your rifle to authorized persons. Never let your rifle be used by anyone who is not familiar with the safe handling of a rifle and these instructions. This rifle must only be used by a responsible adult or under his or her supervision.
9. Watch for any change in the operation of your rifle which might impair its safety.The safety is only guaranteed as long as the firearm is in faultless condition. Ifyou suspect or note a defect or malfunction, stop using it immediately, unload the rifle, make sure that it is not under pressure and send it to a competent gunsmith, the factory or its recommended repair station for inspection. Note: Apart from normal cleaning the rifle must only be disassembled by an authorized gunsmith.Please note that your firearm must also be checked by an authorized gunsmith when it has been impaired by external conditions such as corrosion etc. or when it dropped. When you assemble or disassemble your firearm, never try to do it by force. Unqualified handling, modifications of the mechanism or disassembly can cause injuries or irreparable damage of the rifle.
10. Your rifle should always be handled with extreme care. Make sure that it is never dropped or placed in such a way that it can fall. For transport purposes your rifle should be dry and clean. We recommend an approved protective gun case.
11. You must be in good physical condition and mental health and not under the influence of any substance (drugs, alcohol) which might impair vision, dexterity or judgement. Do not use your rifle when you are tired. Tiredness may result in a loss of control.
12. Clean your hands carefully after shooting and cleaning your ANSCHUTZ product. Residues of bullets, powder or oil might impair the health of your skin.
13. Your ANSCHOTZ rifle has been carefully built and inspected by skilled technicians to provide maximum efficiency. The service life depends on the owner's care and on cleaning following this instruction leaflet.
Was this article helpful?