a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number (NIIN) sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of
the NSN (i.e., 5305-01-674-1467). When using this column to locate an item,
ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN. However, the complete NSN should be used when ordering items by stock number.
(2) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/ located. The figures are in numerical order in section II and section III.
(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) CAGEC column. The Contractor and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric code used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item, or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer identified in the PART NUMBER and CAGEC columns to the left.
(4) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in sections II and III.
(5) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
a. ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTION. Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assembled from component spare/repair parts are found in chapters 2 and 3. Items that make up the assembly are listed immediately following the assembly item entry or reference is made to an applicable figure.
b. ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS. The publication listed below pertains to the grenade launcher and its components:
Was this article helpful?