L -Specialized repair activity can remove, replace, and use the item.
D -Depot level can remove, replace, and use the item.
(b) The maintenance code entered in the fourth position tells you whether or not the item is to be repaired and identifies the lowest maintenance level with the capability to do complete repair (i.e., perform all authorized repair functions). (NOTE: Some limited repair may be done on the item at a lower level of maintenance, if authorized by the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC) and SMR codes.) This position will contain one of the following maintenance codes:
-Unit or aviation unit is the lowest level that can do complete repair of the item.
-Direct support or aviation intermediate is the lowest level that can do complete repair of the item.
-General support is the lowest level that can do complete repair of the item.
-Specialized repair activity (designate the specialized repair activity) is the lowest level that can do complete repair of the item.
-Depot is the lowest level that can do complete repair of the item.
-Nonreparable. No repair is authorized.
-No repair is authorized. (No parts or special tools are authorized for the maintenance of a "B" coded item. ) However, the item may be reconditioned by adjusting, lubricating, etc., at the user level.
(3) Recoverability Code. Recoverability codes are assigned to items to indicate the disposition action on unserviceable items. The recoverability code is entered in the fifth position of the SMR code as follows:
-Nonreparable item. When unserviceable, condemn and dispose of the item at the level of maintenance shown in 3rd position of SMR Code.
-Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at unit or aviation unit level.
F -Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the direct support or aviation intermediate level.
H -Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the general support level.
D -Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and disposal of item not authorized below depot level.
L -Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal not authorized below specialized repair activity (SRA).
A -Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g., precious metal content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to appropriate manuals/directives for specific instructions.
c. NSN (Column (3)). Indicates the National stock number (NSN) assigned to the item and which will be used for requisitioning. |
d. CAGEC (Column (4)). The Contractor and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit | numeric code which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
e. PART NUMBER (Column (5)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer | (individual, company, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a different part number from the part ordered.
f. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (6)). This column includes the | following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry which is a physical security classification abbreviation, e.g., Phy Sec C1 ( ) -Confidential, Phy Sec C1 (S) -Secret, Phy Sec C1 (T) -Top Secret.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item line entry.
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated.
ARMY TM 9-1010-221-23&P AIR FORCE TO 11W3-9-4-2 MARINE CORPS TM 07700A-23&P/2 NAVY SW 370-AE-MMI-010
Was this article helpful?