I I ANNUAL GAGlNG/INSPECTlON |
1. Test trigger pull as follows:
a. Cock grenade launcher.
b. Place safety in FIRE position.
c. Place grenade launcher on edge of table, barrel end up. Support grenade launcher firmly with hand.
d. Place rod on trigger and let it hang freely.
e. Begin adding weights to the rod until trigger releases firing pin. Record the weight.
Minimum trigger pull is 5 pounds (2.27 kg); maximum trigger pull is 11 pounds (4.99
Trigger pull measuring fixture is found in SC 4933-95-CL-A11.
2. Test firing pin protrusion as follows: WARNING
To avoid injury to your eyes, use care when removing and installing spring-loaded parts.
a. Cock the grenade launcher.
b. Move barrel to forward position.
c. Remove self-locking screw (1), back plate (2), and follower guide assembly (3). Discard self-locking screw (1).
d. Squeeze the trigger and measure firing pin protrusion using firing pin protrusion gage. If firing pin exceeds maximum limit, or if it does not meet the minimum limit, replace it and regage.
e. Install follower guide assembly (3) in receiver. Install and secure back plate (2) with new self-locking screw (1).
3. Each weapon must be hand-functioned to check for unusual binding, positive cocking action, and general operation. Dummy ammunition must be used to be sure of positive chambering, extraction, and ejection action. Dummy rounds can be acquired through local TAS-C.
4. Check for bore constriction (p 3-13).
5. Inspect the weapon for missing finish and touch up with SFL as per instructions (pg 3-18).
ARMY TM 9-1010-221-23&P AIR FORCE TO 11W3-9-4-2 MARINE CORPS TM 07700A-23&P/2 NAVY SW 370-AE-MMI-010
Was this article helpful?