1. Inspect lower receiver extension (1) for corrosion, dents, and wear. Repair or replace if defective.
2. Inspect buffer retainer (2) for wear. Replace if defective.
3. Inspect helical springs (3) for deformities and breaks. Replace if defective.
4. Inspect lower receiver (4). See page 3-66, INSPECTION.
5. Inspect trigger guard (5) for deformities and check operation of plunger and spring. Replace trigger guard if defective.
6. CARBINE ONLY: Inspect receiver end plate (6) and locking nut (7) for damage. Replace if damaged.
Was this article helpful?