Tilt upper receiver toward wind age knob during positioning to prevent loss of ball bearing.
11. Position windage knob on shaft of windage screw (211 Align holes In windage knob with hole of shaft In windage screw and hold In alignment with a small screwdriver or punch Install spring pin (25).
12. Rotate and test elevation index (6) and windage knob (24) for ease of functioning.
13. Inspect elevation knob zero as follows:
(a) Rotate elevation knob (5) counterclockwise until the rear sight assembly is all the way down. If a whole click is not felt as the rear sight assembly stops, the rear sight assembly has bottomed out and will not pivot freely.
(b) Position elevation knob back slightly to its last whole click so the rear sight assembly base is under tension of the ball bearing (8) and helical spring (14). The 300 meter mark should align with the mark on to receiver.
(c) If the 300 meter mark is not aligned with the mark on receiver, slip the range scale in the following manner:
(1) Position the 300 meter mark with the mark on the receiver.
(2) Insert a 1/16 inch allen wrench through the access hole of the rear sight assembly base and into the index screw (7).
(3) Loosen the index screw three turns and leave the wrench in place.
(4) Rotate lower portion of elevation knob
(5) counterclockwise until it stops (range scale should not have moved). Elevation knob should be positioned on its last whole click. (5) Tighten index screw (7) and remove wrench.
(6) Check for proper setting.
Was this article helpful?