Make sure the hammer Is cocked and the selector lever is not set on BURST before Installing the buffer assembly.
1. Press action spring (1) and buffer assembly (2) In until buffer retainer (3) snaps up and holds them In place.
2. Install fabricated pivot pin installation tool (4) Insert helical spring 151 and pivot pin detent (6) Compress pivot pir detent in recess with 3 32 inch punch and rotate tool Remove 3'32 Inch punch
Rounded end of pivot pin detent must be In the groove of the pivot pin (7) when assembly is complete.
3. Install pivot pin (7) while removing fabricated pivot pin Installation tool (4) Maintain pressure while sliding pivot pin (7) into hole Rotate pivot pin until pivot pin detent is inserted Into pivot pin groove
Do not kink helical spring (8) during assembly
4. Install takedown pin (9) with groove toward the rear Install takedown pin detent (10)and helical spring (8) from the rear
5. Install stepped spacer (11) on receiver extension (12) and carefully slide buttstock assembly (13) on to compress helical spring (8)
Self-locking screw (14), If removed must be discarded and replaced with a new one 6. Install self-locking screw (14) to secure buttstock assembly (13)
6. Install self-locking screw (14) to secure buttstock assembly (13)
1 2-17. LOWER RECEIVER AND BUTTSTOCK ASSEMBLY (CONT).
f. REASSEMBLY (CONT)
6A. Grasp the lock release lever (14 1) In the area of the retaining nut (14 2) and pull to reinstall the buttstock assembly (14.3) onto the lower receiver extension (14 3) onto the lower receiver extension (14 4)
2-17. LOWER RECEIVER AND BUTTSTOCK ASSEMBLY (CONT).
f. REASSEMBLY (CONT)
When utilizing the enhanced rifle grip (it has a bump between the second third finger for a better grip) PN 9349127, rifle grip screw. PN AN 501D416 18 (1-1/8 in.) or AN 501 D416 16 (1 in ), is authorized to be( used with the enhanced grip Any screw longer than 1-1 8 In used with 9349127 could cause a hazardous situation Also, ensure the washer Is in 11place
Was this article helpful?