1. Request permission to occupy the range.
2. Establish good communications.
3. Have designated areas prepared: Parking.
Ammunition point. Medical station. Water point. Concurrent training. Mess. Helipad. Armorer.
4. Inspect range for operational condition.
5. Raise flag when occupying or firing according to the local SOP.
6. Check ammunition to ensure it is correct type and quantity.
7. Ensure that range personnel are in proper uniform and the equipment is in position.
8. Receive firing units.
9. Conduct safety checks on weapons.
10. Check for clean, fully operational weapons.
11. Conduct safety briefing (to include administrative personnel on range).
12. Organize personnel into firing orders (keep unit integrity if possible).
13. Request permission to commence firing from range control.
Was this article helpful?