The M16A2 rifle system consists of a rifle, a magazine, and a sling. It is a lightweight, gas-operated, air-cooled, magazine-fed, shoulder-fired weapon that can be fired either in automatic three-round bursts or semiautomatic single shots. Other features:
• Upper receiver and barrel assembly has a fully adjustable rear sight and a compensator that helps keep the muzzle down during firing.
• Upper and lower receivers are easily opened for cleaning and inspection.
• Bolt group and barrel extension are designed with locking lugs that lock bolt group to barrel extension.
• An aluminum receiver reduces the weight of the rifle.
• The bore and chamber are chrome plated.
5.56 mm Weight:
W/30 rounds mag 3.99 Kg (8.79 lb) approx Length:
Rifle w/compensator 39 5/8 inches Mechanical features:
Rifling (RH 1/7 twist) Firing characteristics:
Muzzle velocity (approx) 3,100 fps Chamber pressure 52,000 psi Cyclic rate of fire (approx) 800 rounds per min Max effective rates of fire:
Semi : 45 rounds per min Burst: 90 rounds per min Sustained rate of tire:
12/1 5 rounds per min Max effective range:
550 meters (individual/point targets) 800 meters (area targets) Max range:
RIFLE PARTS AND
Was this article helpful?