Change the wording in BURST paragraph, fifth sentence, to read, "Pull charging handle to rear and release three times.
Page 52-55. Delete "U.S. MARINE CORPS" from each page because Army will use this information.
Page 71. Add after header, "Your weapon is now combat ready; e.g., ammunition loaded, bolt forward, and safety on."
Page 119. Add two slings as follows:
3 1005-01-216-4510 SLING, SMALL ARMS (M16A2) EA 1
Page 122. Add after BFA, M15A2: "(M16A2 Only)".
1005-01-361-8208 BLANK FIRING ATTACHMENT, M23: (M4 Carbine) (For Training Only) (19200) 12597837
Page 124. Change the quantity "1" for the magazine, cartridge to "6".
By Order of the Secretary of the Army:
MILTON H. HAMILTON
Administrative Assistant to the Secretary of the Army
GORDON R. SULLIVAN
General, United States Army Chief of Staff
uted in accordance , requirements for with
U.S. MARINE CORPS U.S. ARMY
TM 05538C-10/1A TM 9-1005-319-10 C1
HEADQUARTERS DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY Washington, DC, 11 May 199C
Operator's Manual W/COMPONENTS LIST
TM 9-1005-319-10, August 1986, is changed as follows: Page 62. Add the following WARNING under the heading OPERATION.
With the bolt carrier assembly locked to the rear or in its forward position, if the weapon is dropped or jarred with a loaded magazine in place, it could chamber a round.
CHANGE NO. 1
By Order of the Marine Corps:
H. E. REESE Deputy for Support Marine Corps Research, Development and Acquisition Command
By Order of the Secretary of the Army: OFFICIAL:
WILLIAM J. MEEHAN II Brigadier General, United States Army The Adjutant General
To be distributed in accordance with DA Form 12-40E (Block 16), Operator Maintenance Requirements for TM 9-1005-319-10.
CARL E. VUONO General, United States Army Chief of Staff
For information on First aid, see FM 21-11.
BEWARE OF DANGEROUS PROCEDURES
• Be sure the cam pin is installed in the bolt group. If it isn't, your rifle can st ill fire and will explode,
• If you're using the blank firing attachment, don't use any other ammo except the blank round M200 (marked on each box of 20 rounds).
• DO NOT exchange or switch bolt assemblies from one M16A2 to another. Doing so may result in injury to, or death of, personnel.
• If your rifle stops firing with a live round in the chamber of a hot barrel (misfire), remove the round fast. However, if you cannot remove it within 10 seconds, remove magazine and wait 15 minutes with the rifle pointing in a safe direction. This way you won't get hurt by a possible round cooking-off. Regardless, keep your face away from the ejection port while clearing a hot chamber.
• Use only authorized ammo that is manufactured to U.S. or NATO specifications.
• If your bolt fails to unlock and you try to free it by banging the buttstock on the ground keep yourself clear of the muzzle,
• If there's water in the barrel, don't fire the rifle. It could explode.
• If a noticeable difference in sound or recoil is experienced, STOP FlRING. Either condition could indicate an incomplete powder burn and/or a bullet stuck in the bore
Was this article helpful?