(1) Loosen the sight from the round, then remate it to the round.
(2) Track the target and try to fire again.
(3) If the round again fails to fire, feel carefully near the sight battery once more.
(4) If the battery still feels cold, remove the sight from the round. Place the round on the ground away from the firing site. Keep the round pointed toward the enemy; advise soldiers near you of the misfire.
(5) Mount the sight on another round and continue with the mission.
(6) If the new round also fails to fire, carefully feel near the sight battery. If that battery is also cold, the sight is probably defective.
(7) If you can find another sight, replace the existing sight and continue with the mission, using previously unfired rounds.
Was this article helpful?