For the purpose of the following test "SLOW" is defined as 1/4 to 1/2 the normal rate of the trigger release:
4. Hold trigger to the rear, charge weapon, and release the trigger with a slow, smooth motion, without hesitations or stops, until the trigger is fully forward (an audible click should be heard). Hammer should not fall.
5. Repeat the above selector lever SEMI position test five times. The weapon must not malfunction during any of these five tests. If the weapon malfunctions during any of these five tests, evacuate it to direct support maintenance for repair.
6. Place selector lever in AUTO position. Charge weapon and pull trigger. Hammer should fall.
7. Hold trigger to the rear, charge weapon, and release trigger. Pull trigger. Hammer should not fall. Automatic sear should have released hammer while holding trigger in the pulled position before releasing and pulling the trigger.
8. With hammer in the forward position, attempt to place the selector lever in SAFE position. If the selector lever can be placed on SAFE by finger/thumb pressure, evacuate the rifle to direct support maintenance for repair.
9. If weapon fails any of the above tests, evacuate to direct support.
Was this article helpful?