* Treat every weapon as if it were loaded.
* Never point a weapon at anything or anybody that you do not intend to shoot, or in a direction where an unintentional discharge may result in damage to property, injury or death.
* Never place your finger into the trigger guard until you are ready to fire the weapon.
* Be sure of your target and what's behind it before firing. At 25 meters a 9mm projectile can easily penetrate wood, plasterboard walls or a car door and can travel more than 1 mile.
* Ensure that all parts of your hands and body are kept away from the muzzle of the weapon at all times.
* Always wear eye protection and ear protection when firing any firearm during training.
* Clear every weapon before handling it.
Was this article helpful?