• Holding the cocking handle with the index or middle finger of the left hand, depress the breech bolt release button and allow the breech bolt to slide slowly to a rest. 25
• Extract the cocking handle from the breech bolt slide. 26
• Holding the stock-receiver assembly on a table with the loading gate facing upward, slide the operating rod sleeve forward off the magazine tube to extract the breech bolt assembly from the receiver. 27
• The breech bolt assembly, no longer held by the operating rod. will divide into:
- Breech bolt with firing pin, locking block, extractor, springs and pins.
- Breech bolt slide with connecting rod and pin. 28
Was this article helpful?