• Keep the firearm pointed in a SAFE direction in the event a "hang-fire" has occurred. A hang-fire occurs when there is a delay in a cartridge's ignition.
•With the carbine pointed in a SAFE direction, wait one (1) full minute.
• After one (1) full minute has elapsed, completely unload the firearm by following the unloading instructions in this manual.
• Carefully inspect your ammunition.
• Immediately refer to a qualified gunsmith if the firing pin indent on a fired cartridge's primer is light, off-center or does not exist.
• Using the disassembly instructions in the beginning of this manual under Obstruction Check, remove the frame-barrel/bolt assembly from the stock and visually check to be sure there are no obstructions in the barrel. If a barrel obstruction is detected, a qualified gunsmith must remove the obstruction and inspect the carbine before it can be fired.
WARNING: If another cartridge is fired into an obstructed barrel, a catastrophic failure can result.
WARNING: Never attempt to fire ammunition that did not fire the first time.
If, while firing, you hear a change in the sound a fired cartridge makes, or feel a change in the amount of recoil of a fired cartridge, or detect any other irregularity:
Was this article helpful?