At various points in this manual you will be instructed to "visually check to be certain your Beretta Cx4 Storm carbine is unloaded."
This should become second nature to you, as you should:
• Never assume that a firearm is unloaded (even a gun that is new and in its original packaging).
• Never point or push a firearm toward yourself or another person.
•Always visually check to see that the chamber is unloaded.
• Remove the magazine, engage the manual safety and block the bolt in the open position before handing the carbine to another person.
• Never take or pull this carbine from another person unless the safety is engaged, the magazine is removed, the bolt is open, and the chamber has been visually checked to confirm it is unloaded.
To visually check to be certain your Beretta Cx4 Storm carbine is unloaded, carefully follow the steps below.
WARNING: Keep your finger OFF THE TRIGGER and the barrel pointed in a SAFE direction.
i» Engage the manual safety by pushing the manual safety button until the red band completely disappears. (Fig. 5)
WARNING: When the safety button shows the red band, the safety is disengaged and the firearm is in the FIRE position.
• Remove the magazine by pushing the magazine release button. (Fig. 6)
• Retract the cocking handle to open the bolt (Fig. 7) (Releasing the bolt when a magazine is not in the carbine will automatically close the bolt). Always keep your finger away from the ejection port. To keep the bolt in the open position, without the magazine in the carbine, press the bolt release lever upwards with your thumb (Fig. 8) and release the cocking handle. The bolt will be blocked in the open position.
The bolt remains open when an empty magazine is inserted or when the bolt release lever is pressed upwards.
• Check the cartridge chamber to be certain it is empty.
If the carbine is unloaded, proceed to the following step, otherwise refer to the procedure: Unloading the carbine.
• Holding the cocking handle, press the bolt release lever downwards with your thumb and gently take the bolt to the closed position.
! WARNING: Always keep your finger away from the ejection port.
' WARNING: THE HAMMER IS COCKED. With the barrel pointed in ! a safe direction, decock the hammer by pulling the trigger.
Notice: The hammer can be decocked only when the bolt is in the closed position.
Was this article helpful?