1. Keep the gun muzzle pointed in a safe direction and never pull it towards you by the muzzle.
2. Be sure of your target and beyond.
3. Never rely on a gun's "safety".
4. Gun should be unloaded until ready to use.
5. Always wear eye and ear protection.
6. The barrel should be clear of obstruction before shooting.
7. Handle every gun as if it is loaded.
8. Keep guns and ammo separate and in locked storage.
9. Avoid alcoholic beverages and drugs before and during using a firearm.
10. Do not alter or modify your firearm. Have your firearm checked regularly by a competent gunsmith. Make sure all parts work properly.
Health Warning: Discharging of firearms in a poorly ventilated area and/or handling of ammunitions may cause exposure to lead or lead compounds. According to the state of California, exposure may cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. Make sure that you have proper ventilation at all times. Be sure to wash hands thoroughly after shooting, handling ammunition, or cleaning your firearm. Do not eat or smoke during these activities.
Was this article helpful?