NOTE: Before beginning this procedure make sure gun is unloaded. (See J-2)
1. Remove ramrod from gun.
2. Pull breeching lever rearward and hinge open the action.
3. Using tool provided remove the breech plug.
4. Loosen and remove the screw from the underside of the foregrip.
5. Remove the foregrip from the barrel.
6. Barrel will now separate from action.
IMPORTANT: LUBRICATE BREECH PLUG THREADS WITH CVA BREECH PLUG/NIPPLE GREASE (OR AN ANTI-SEIZE COMPOUND) BEFORE REINSTALLING.
NOTE: Check breech plug for snug fit with wrench before firing. Do not overtighten plug.
7. Clean barrel according to instructions found in General Cleaning and Maintenance Section (Below). After each session it is critical.
8. Do not attempt to disassemble the receiver. Clean as a one-piece unit.
9. Avoid prolonged exposure to water or solvents when cleaning wood stock guns. Damage to the finish could result. Treat with good quality stock wax or polish to preserve finish and protect from weather damage.
10. Reassemble the rifle by reversing the order of disassembly.
11. Preparation before loading a.Make sure no obstructions are present in the barrel.
b.Insure barrel is clean and dry before loading. Fire several primers through the rifle before loading powder to eliminate any moisture or solvent remaining in the barrel.
c. Insure hammer locks in place, and stays to the rear.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THIS RIFLE IF ANY OF THE SAFETY MECHANISMS DO NOT OPERATE PROPERLY. CHECK WITH A COMPETENT GUNSMITH OR CVA CUSTOMER SERVICE TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM, AS ACCIDENTAL FIRING MAY RESULT.
Was this article helpful?