POINT YOUR PISTOL IN A SAFE DIRECTION!
1. Remove the magazine. The pistol must not be disassembled with the magazine inserted!
2. Put the safety to "OFF" position, in order to release the movement of the slide (not valid for versions with no manual safety).
3. MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS NO CARTRIDGE IN THE CHAMBER!
4. Retract the hammer slightly back and then release it, until it stops on half-cock (safety) notch position. In this state the handling which follows will be easier.
5. Put your left thumb through the trigger guard and with the other fingers grasp the top of the front part of the slide firmly (Fig. 7). Push the slide slightly back until the two vertical lines on the rear part of the frame and slide are in line with each other.
6. KEEPING THE LINES ALIGNED push (tap) the slide stop from the right hand side of the weapon (the left one), e.g. using the magazine base (Fig. 8). Remove the slide stop from the left.
7. Pull the slide and the barrel forward off the frame.
8. Remove the recoil spring and guide and finally the barrel.
No further disassembly is needed for routine maintenance. When a great number of cartridges has been fired, it is advisable to also disassemble the firing pin and magazine.
Was this article helpful?