BE A SAFE SHOOTER
A responsible gun owner is safety minded He follows the basic rules of safe shooting and uses common sense in the use of a firearm BE A RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNER!
• Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction
• Never point a gun at anything that you do not intend to shoot
• Keep your finger(s) off the trigger and out of the trigger guard until you are aiming at your target and ready to shoot
• Always keep the safety on, especially when the gun is loaded and cocked, until you are ready to fire
• Be sure of your target and backstop before you shoot Ask yourself what your bullet will hit if it misses or goes through the target
• Be sure that your barrel is clear of obstructions, including excessive oil and grease, before shooting
• Always keep and carry your gun with an empty chamber until you intend to shoot, so that your gun cannot be fired unintentionally
• Firearms should be unloaded when not actually in use
• Treat every gun as if it were loaded AT ALL TIMES!
• Store guns and ammunition separately beyond children's reach
• Wear hearing protection when shooting
• Never shoot at hard, ilat surfaces or water, bullets will ricochet
• Do not alter or modify your gun
Do not try to change your rifle's trigger pull, because alterations of trigger pull usually affect sear engagement and might cause accidental firing
Discharging firearms in poorly ventilated areas, cleaning firearms, or handling ammunition may result in exposure to lead, a substance known to be associated with birth defects, reproductive harm, and other serious injury Have adequate ventilation at all times and wash hands after handling.
Was this article helpful?