To remove the cylinder for cleaning or inspection:
1. Make certain that the cylinder is unloaded. Never ever attempt to remove the cylinder while it contains any live ammunition. This is very dangerous.
2. Bring the hammer fully forward to the Safety position, then pull it back to the Half-Cock position.
3. Make certain that the loading gate is closed,
4. Remove the screw from the head of the cylinder axis pin located under the barrel next to the receiver.
5. Grip the head of the cylinder axis pin and slide it all the way forward until it touches the ejector tab.
6. Open the loading gate, and remove the cylinder from the loading gate side of the revolver with a rolling clockwise motion. Do not force the cylinder out of the revolver as this may result in scratching or other damage to the cylinder.
Was this article helpful?