1. clem weapom1
2. BOLT FORWARD - Place bolt group and cocking lever in the forward position.
3. remove flOUMD fiOPPRESSOR - Remove suppressor. Attach thread cap. (where applicable)
4. remove slum - Remove multi-purpose carrying sling, (where applicable)
5. remove pim and buttstock - Remove buttstock locking pin(s) and buttstock or butt cap.
HOSE: DO MOT lay the locking pine downl- To prevent misplacing them, place them back in the hole(a) in the receiver once the assembly group has been removed.
6. lower trigger oroop - pivot the rear end of the trigger group downward away from receiver and slide the complete bolt group out of the back of the receiver.
7. remove pim and triqqgft group - Remove trigger group locking pin and trigger group. Store locking pin in receiver.
8. remove pim amp porearm/fqregrip - Remove forearm (handgaurd) locking pin (except MP5SD) and forearm/foregrip. Store locking pin in receiver. .
Remove the forearm of the MP5SD by lifting up the springsteel forearm with a taped flathead screwdriver inserted between the forearm and the sound suppressor casing (metal bird cage) above the oval depression located at the forearms mid-point. Gently pry the forearm off the receiver using the screwdriver.
9. remove accessories - Remove any accessories, where applicable, such as a flash hider or blank firing attachment. (See page 90 "Use of Optional Accessories".)
Ill.# 31A - Assembly Groups - MP5A2/A3 pictured Assembly Groups 1- Bolt Group -
Notes: A. do not remove the recoil spring and guide rod from the bolt carrier as it unnecessarily wears out the nylon washers that are difficult to replace.
B* DO NOT remove the extractor spring, extractor, locking rollers or locking roller holder from the bolt headl only an HfcK factory trained armorer should remove these parts.
1.) Ramove Bolt Head - Viewing the bolt group from the front, rotate the bolt head in a clockwise direction approximately 1/fi turn and lift off of locking piece.
2.) Remove Locking Piece - Continue rotating locking piece in a clockwise direction about 1/8 of a turn until it can be lifted from the bolt carrier.
Note the number, if any, engraved on the top side of the locking piece. This same numbered locking piece should be reinstalled in the weapon during reassembly» (See the list on page 13 "Technical specifications* for the correct numbered locking piece.for each model and variation of the MPS.
3«) Remove firing pin and firing pin soring - Lift the firing pin with spring out of the oval recess in the front of the bolt carrier.
OPERATOR PIBftggETOW 97 THE PPIT SSBSS. IS fifiBZML
2. Trigger Group -
A. "SEP" Group
1.) Rotate safety/««lector l«vr - Rotate the safety/selector lever in a counter clockwise direction past the "safe" position until the lever is point up at a 12 o'clock position.
2.) Remove safety/selector lever - Lift the safety/selector out of the left side of the trigger group.
3.) Remove trigger mechanism - Grasp the top of the trigger mechanism by the hammer, ejector and release lever and pull the entire subassembly from the plastic grip.
operator disassembly of the "sep" trigger group is mow
B. Ambidextrous Groups (Navy, SF, 2 or 3-round burst)
Note: A. H&K strongly recommends that this the" operator unless absolutely necessary due to the ease that the trigger group can be damaged when incorrectly assembled. Clean the ambidextrous trigger groups using solvent, brushes, compressed air and cotton swabs.
The entire group can be immersed in solvent for cleaning. Disassemble the trigger group only if normal methods of cleaning the interior of the unit prove ineffective.
B. DO MOT force any of these parts in - place as they may be damaged in the process! Damage to the components of this item due to incorrect disassembly/reassembly will void the warranty on the item and may result in the need for costly repairs.
BEFORE DISASSEMBLING THE TRIGGER GROUP WITH 2 or 3-ROUND BURST FIRING MODES, take notice of the position of the burst counting wheel and it's return spring and guide rod. (See numeral 1 in illustration below)
Before and during reassembly of the trigger groups WITH BURST MODE make certain that these parts remain parallel with the edge of the trigger housing and hooked on the metal stud. (See numeral 2 in illustration below)
Ill.# 33A - Correct position of burst counting wheel
Depress release lever - Depress the release lever (the lever protruding at an angle from the right side of the trigger group) and allow the hammer to spring up into firing position.
on fire and pull trigger - Place the safety/selector lever in the "fire" position. Pull the trigger and allow the hammer to snap forward.
- Locate the disassembly lever. (See numeral 3 in illustration # 33B below) It is located inside the trigger mechanism above the safety axle and to the left of the long hammer spring. It is bent inward and under considerable spring pressure.
Depress and holfl the disassembly lever all the way down with the right thumb.
4) Rotate aafetv/selector levir - Looking at the left side of the plastic grip, rotate the safety/selector lever in a clockwise direction nearly one complete turn until it stops with the white indicator line pointing down-
5) fiemove safety/selector lever wjth ayjg (left Piflg? —Still depressing the disassembly lever, pull the safety/selector lever with axle (left side) out of the trigger group, flow YQU_o£n_release_thfi disassembly lever.
6) Remove safety/selector lever (right side) - Remove the safety/selector lever from the right side of the trigger group.
7) Pull trigger mechanism from plastic grip - Grasp the hammer and ejector and pull the interior trigger mechanism out of the plastic grip.
PEgAggEHBLY Of THE ftMBIPESTRPPS TRIGGER QBPPg IP WW fifiHEMIB
DO WOT disassemble this assembly group any further! Only an HiX factory trained armorer can disassemble this mechanism.
Not«: The magazine need not be disassembled for every cleaning. However it should be disassembled and cleaned during Major cleaning, when immersed in water or if there is appreciable fouling inside. You'll need a cleaning rod handle and a small flathead screw driver for disassembly of the 9mm magazine.
SOME COMPONENTS 07 THE MAGAZINES (FLOOR PLATE, LOCKING PLATE AND MAGAZINE SPRING) ARE HELD IN PLACE UNDER CONSIDERABLE SPRING PRESSURE. INSURE THE MAGAZINE IS POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION (AWAY FROM THE FACE AND EYES) AT ALL TIKES DURING DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY.
9mm Magazine -
A. Position magazine - Hold the magazine in the left hand with the floor plate pointing up and the lips resting on the table.
B. Depyesf_utf__lOffXiM-Pl»tf "
Pointing the magazine way fleam your face insert the cleaning rod into the hole in the base of the floor plate, push down on the locking plate about 2 inches and hold thfiTft. Shift your grip so that the left hand is holding the cleaning rod and magazine in place.
C. Remove floor plate - Take the flathead screwdriver in the right hand and push both floor plate tabs, located on the front and back of the magazine housing, inward to disengage the floor plate.
Remove the floor plate from the base of the housing.
D. Release looking plate * Slowly and carefully release pressure on the cleaning rod and allow the locking plate and magazine spring to exit the bottom of the housing.
follovr - Remove the magazine spring with locking plate and follower attached from the housing.
DO NOT remove the locking plate magasine spring!
I0mm/«40 Magazine -
Ptprw l9gKioq ttatur* -
magazine awav from vour face, depress the serrated locking feature loceted on the bottom of the floor plate.
locking^* eirur«r is° depressed, begin to slide the magazine floor plate off of the magazine housing towards the rear of the magazine.
Contain magazine spring - Use the other hand to keep the magazine spring from shooting out of the magazine housing.
Slide the floor out of the magazine
plate completely housing.
follower -Remove the magazine spring and follower from the housing.
OPERATOR DISASSEMBLY OP COMPLETE
OPERATOR DISASSEMBLY OP COMPLETE
FACTORY TRAINED ARMORER MAY
Was this article helpful?