2. Engage control lever (if applicable) - press the safety lever upwards until the "S" aligns with the reference line located on the frame.
3. Remove magazine - depress the magazine release lever and remove the magazine from the pistol.
4. Open and lock slide - while pointing the pistol in a safe direction lock the slide open by pulling the slide rearward as you press the slide release upward. Watch for a cartridge or empty case to be ejected from the pistol.
5. Inspect chamber - inspect chamber for the presence of a cartridge or empty case by:
• Visually viewing chamber through open ejection port and;
• Physically inserting finger into chamber through ejection port to check for the presence of a cartridge or empty case.
Remove any cartridges or empty cases from the chamber or from within the pistol.
Was this article helpful?