1. Pointing the pistol in a safe direction.
2. Keep your finger off the trigger (15) and remove the magazine (23).
3. Pull the side (17) rearward one or more times to insure the chamber is empty. watch for a live round or empty case to be ejected. Pull side (17) rearward and lock it with the slide catch lever (16) holding the slide open.
4. Make sure the last round in the chamber has been extracted and ejected. Visually and physically check the chamber and the magazine well to make sure the pistol has been unloaded. Physically insert your index finger in the chamber and feel for the presence of a round or cartridge case in chamber. The pistol is now unloaded and safe.
5. Depress the slide catch lever (16 ) the slide ( 17) will be released forward.
6. Unload and store the magazine (23).
7. Pick up and store all loose rounds and empty cartridge cases.
8. The pistol must be cleaned after every shooting session.
VISUAL AND PHYSICALLY INSPECT CHAMBER
WARNING: NEVER PLACE YOUR HAND OVER THE EJECTION PORT WHEN UNLOADING
BEFORE PERFORMING ANY CLEANING OR MAINTENANCE, MAKE SURE THE PISTOL IS COMPLETELY UNLOADED (THIS INCLUDES THE MAGAZINE AND CHAMBER).
Follow these instructions and your HS 2000 pistol will remain in excellent condition even after years of hard service.
Was this article helpful?