1. Never chamber a round unless you are ready to fire.
2. Insert the magazine. The magazine will have about 1/16 inch play when seated properly Do not push up on magazine when firing or jamming will occur.
3. Grasp the slide, pull it all the way back and release it [fig. 8). This operation cocks the hammer and chambers a cartridge.
This pistol is now loaded, cocked with the safety catch lever in the "SAFE" position; therefore, make sure that the barrel is pointed in a safe direction.
Firing the pistol:
With the pistol pointed at the target, move the safety catch lever up to TIRE" position (red dot will be visible) (fig. 9) and pull the trigger.
Reloading during firing:
The slide remains in the rearward position when the magazine is empty.
1. Move safety catch lever to down "SAFE" position.
2. Remove the empty magazine.
3. Insert a full magazine.
4. Release the slide by depressing the slide catch or by pulling the slide slightly to the rear and releasing it (fig. 1 0).
5. Move safety catch to TIRE" position.
The pistol is now loaded and cocked with the safety catch lever in the "FIRE" position.
fig. 9 (Mark I pictured)
Push safety catch up to fire position.
If slide is difficult to release in this manner; proceed as follows: hold pistol with both hands, place left thumb on slide catch, place right thumb on top of left thumb, then push straight down.
Was this article helpful?