1. Place fire selector on "S" (Safe). (f»g. 23)
2. Depress magazine catch and remove magazine, (fig. 24)
3. Place fire selector on "F" (Fire) and cock bolt to remove live cartridge in chamber, (see page 26)
4. Holding bolt in the rear position look into chamber to assure that chamber is empty.
5. If chamber is not empty, release bolt and repeat steps 3 & 4. If after repeating twice, chamber is not empty, refer to Trouble Shooting.(see page 42)
6. With chamber empty, release bolt and squeeze trigger with barrel pointing in safe direction.
7. Place fire selector on "S" (Safe).
8. Empty Magazine.(see page 24)
Was this article helpful?