NOTE: If time delay is used for Improvised Grenade Launchers (Section IV, No. 5) -
1. Wrap tape around safety fuse.
2. Securely tape fuse to grenade.
3. Load grenade in launcher. Grenade will explode in approximately 12 seconds after safety fuse burns up to bottom of grenade.
Grenade is now
12 Sec Burning Time from this Point
"Strike-anywhere" matches, 6 to 8 Pliers (may not be needed) Knife or sharp cutting edge Piece of wood Safety fuse
NOTE: Any safety or improvised fuse may be used. However, since different time delays will result, determine the burning rate of the fuse first.
PROCEDURE: Body of
1. Unscrew fuse mechanism from body of grenade and remove. Pliers may have to be used.
2. Insert nail completely through safety hole (hole over primer).
CAUTION: Use extreme care - sudden shock may set off detonator.
Fuse Mechanism (Pin, Spring and Striker Removed)
6. Fire primer by hitting nail placed against top of it. Remove fired primer (same as procedure 5 of Section VI, No. 11).
CAUTION: Do not hold assembly in your hand during above operation,] as serious bums may result.
Was this article helpful?