Before firing your Grizzly Win Mag™ , practice (with your pistol UNLOADED) your stance, aim, rhythm and breathing for steady aim. You should also practice firing the pistol on a range before going hunting or using it for any other type oi shooting.
1. ALWAYS WEAR (AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS NEAR YOU TO WEAR) EAR PROTECTION WHEN SHOOTING, ESPECIALLY ON A RANGE. WITHOUT EAR PROTECTION, THE NOISE FROM YOUR GUN, AND OTHERS CLOSE TO YOU, CAN LEAVE A "RINGING" IN YOUR EARS FOR SOME TIME AFTER FIRING. THE CUMULATIVE LONG-TERM EFFECT COULD BE PERMANENT HEARING LOSS.
2. ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTIVE SHOOTING GLASSES FOR EYE PROTECTION.
1. Be sure you are familiar with Safety Instructions, pages 5 to 8. ALWAYS POINT THE PISTOL IN A SAFE DIRECTION.
3. Grasp the pistol by the stock and, with index finger resting along the outside of the trigger guard, take aim. (Align the target with front and rear sights. See figure right.)
4. Release Slide Lock Safety by pressing it down out of engagement with Slide Lock Notch.
5. Holding steady aim, place your index finger on the trigger and squeeze gently until the hammer falls. Don't jerk the trigger, since this will disturb your aim, spoiling your accuracy. To fire any further rounds, it is only necessary to release the trigger and squeeze it again after every shot until you have completed firing.
6. CAUTION: THIS IS A SEMI-AUTOMATIC PISTOL AND IS IMMEDIATELY LOADED AND READY TO FIRE AGAIN AFTER EACH SHOT UNTIL MAGAZINE IS EMPTY.
7. Release the trigger, remove your index finger from the trigger, and apply the Slide Lock Safety, pushing it up into the Slide Lock Notch. (However, if you have fired the last round from the magazine, the slide will stay back so that the Slide Lock Safety cannot be applied.) ~
lllust. No. 6-AIMING
lllust. No. 6-AIMING
CAUTION: IF YOUR PISTOL FAILS TO FIRE, CONTINUE HOLDING IT POINTED TOWARDS THE TARGET OR SAFE OPEN AREA AND WAIT 30 SECONDS. IF A HANGFIRE (slow ignition) HAS OCCURED, THE ROUND WILL FIRE WITHIN 30 SECONDS. IF THE ROUND DOESN'T FIRE, REMOVE THE MAGAZINE, EJECT THE ROUND AND EXAMINE ITS PRIMER. IF THE FIRING PIN INDENT ON THE PRIMER IS LIGHT, OFF CENTER, OR NON-EXISTENT, HAVE YOUR GUN EXAM-INED BY A QUALIFIED GUNSMITH. IF THE FIRING PIN INDENT ON THE PRIMER APPEARS NORMAL (when compared with similar previously fired rounds) ASSUME FAULTY AMMUNITION. SEPARATE MISFIRED ROUNDS FROM OTHER LIVE AMMUNITION AND EMPTY CASES. RELOAD AND CONTINUE FIRING. Note: Dispose of misfired rounds by following the ammunition manufacturer's instructions. 8. CAUTION: KEEPING PISTOL POINTING IN A SAFE DIRECTION, unload as previously described.
NOTE: If you cock your pistol but do not fire it, apply the Slide Lock Safety until you are prepared to fire. If you lose the opportunity to fire, unload your pistol as previously described. Remember, if a live round is in the chamber there is always a risk of accidental discharge.
CAUTION: NEVER LEAVE THE GUN COCKED AND READY TO FIRE. THIS "READY TO FIRE" CONDITION IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS, AND THE GUN COULD EASILY BE DISCHARGED ACCIDENTALLY, CAUSING DEATH, INJURY, OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY.
Was this article helpful?