5. Reconnoiter the range (preferably while it is in use).
6. Check ARTEPs and SQT manuals to see if training tasks can be integrated into the range training plan.
Section 4 — Determine Requirements PERSONNEL
2. Safety officer.
3. Assistant safety officer.
5. Ammunition NCO.
6. Ammunition personnel (determined by type of range).
7. Target detail and target operators.
8. Tow er operator.
9. Concurrent training instructors.
10. Assistant instructors.
12. Guards (range requirements).
14. Air guard.
16. Truck driver (range personnel and equipment).
17. Mechanic for vehicles.
18. Have you overstaffed your range? EQUIPMENT:
1. Range packet and clearance form.
2. Safety fan and diagram if applicable
3. Other safety equipment (aiming circle, compass).
4. Appropriate publications pertaining to the training that will be conducted.
5. Lesson plans, status reports, and reporting folder.
6. Range flag and light (night firing).
8. Field telephone and wire.
9. 292 antenna, if necessary.
10. PA set with backup bullhorn(s).
11. Concurrent training markers.
12. Training aids for concurrent training stations.
14. Tentage (briefing tent, warm-up tent).
15. Space heaters, if needed.
Was this article helpful?