Place feeder handle in down (locked) position to protect electrical connector on bottom of automatic gun feeder.
1. POSITION FEEDER DRIVE ASSEMBLY.
Place feeder drive assembly (1) on a clean, flat surface with electrical solenoid (2) on bottom as shown.
2. REMOVE FEEDER STANDOFF.
Remove feeder standoff (3) from feeder drive assembly (1).
1. INSPECT FEEDER STANDOFF.
Visually inspect feeder standoff for stripped threads, bends, cracks, and chips. If any of these conditions are found, replace feeder standoff.
Visually inspect rear plate assembly for loose or damaged screw threaded inserts. If either of these conditions are found, send rear plate assembly to Direct Support Maintenance for repair.
1. INSTALL FEEDER STANDOFF.
Install short threaded end of feeder standoff (1) in feeder drive assembly (2).
2. INSTALL FORWARD FEED ASSEMBLY (WP 0034 00).
3. INSTALL EJECTION CHUTE (WP 0032 00).
4. INSTALL LINK SHIELD (WP 0029 00).
5. INSTALL LINK BRIDGES FOR STANDARD FEEDER (WP 0027 00) OR INSTALL LINK COVER ASSEMBLIES FOR ENHANCED FEEDER (WP 0028 00).
6. PERFORM AUTOMATIC GUN FEEDER MANUAL CYCLE CHECK (WP 0007 00).
7. INSTALL AUTOMATIC GUN FEEDER (WP 0026 00). END OF WORK PACKAGE
STEPPED SPACER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION REMOVAL, INSPECTION, INSTALLATION
Tools and Special Tools
Common #2 shop equipment (item 34,
WP 0007 00
WP 0026 00 Automatic gun feeder removed WP 0027 00 Link bridges removed (Standard
Feeder only) WP 0028 00 Link cover assemblies removed
(Enhanced Feeder only) WP 0029 00 Link shield removed WP 0030 00 Forward link strippers removed WP 0032 00 Ejection chute removed WP 0034 00 Forward feed assembly removed WP 0036 00 Feeder assembly rotor removed WP 0037 00 Round positioner assembly removed
Was this article helpful?