References WP 0041 00
Maintenance Allocation Chart WP 0042 00
Repair Parts and Special Tools List, Unit and Direct Support (General) ..WP 0043 00 Repair Parts and Special Tools List, Unit and Direct Support for:
Machine Gun, M240 Series WP 0044 00
Barrel Assembly WP 0045 00
Front Sight Assembly WP 0046 00
Handle Assembly, Carrying WP 0047 00
Buffer Assembly (M240/M240C); Buffer and Spade Grip
Assembly (M240D/M240E1) WP 0048 00
Buttstock and Hydraulic Buffer Assembly (M240B/M240N)
and Buttstock and Buffer Assembly (M240G) WP 0049 00
Bolt and Operating Rod Assembly WP 0050 00
Bolt Assembly WP 0051 00
Breech Body Assembly WP 0052 00
Trigger Housing Assembly (M240/M240C/M240D/M240E1)
and Trigger Housing, Infantry (M240B/M240G/M240N) WP 0053 00
Actuating Assembly (M240D/M240E1) WP 0054 00
Cover Assembly WP 0055 00
Feed Pawl Assembly WP 0056 00
Repair Parts and Special Tools List, Unit and Direct Support for (cont):
Receiver Assembly WP 0057 00
Receiver Body Assembly WP 0058 00
Rear Sight Assembly (M240B/M240D/M240E1/M240G/M240N) WP 0059 00
Slide Assembly (M240B/M240D/M240E1/M240G/M240N) WP 0060 00
Bipod Assembly WP 0061 00
Bulk Items WP 0062 00
Special Tools WP 0063 00
M24 Chamber Device, Associated Equipment WP 0064 00
M21 Blank Firing Attachment, Associated Equipment WP 0065 00
Chamber and Discriminator Assembly, Associated Equipment WP 0066 00
Discriminator Assembly, Associated Equipment WP 0067 00
Adapter, Associated Equipment WP 0068 00
Extension Assembly, Associated Equipment WP 0069 00
Coupler Assembly, Associated Equipment WP 0070 00
Adapter Assembly, Ammo., Associated Equipment WP 0071 00
Cross References Index - Part Number WP 0072 00
Cross References Index - National Stock Number WP 0073 00
GENERAL. In order to use this manual efficiently, there are several things you need to know.
• All references in the manual are to work packages or to another manual.
• Whenever the male gender is mentioned (i.e., crewman, repairman) in the manual, it also pertains to females.
• Procedures apply to all models unless otherwise noted.
INDEXES. This manual is organized to help you quickly find the information you need. There are several useful indexes.
• Table of Contents. Lists in order all chapters, work packages, and appendixes.
• Nomenclature Cross Reference List. Gives an alphabetical list of the common names that are substituted for the official nomenclature in the manual.
• Chapter Overviews. Summarize material covered in the chapter.
• Troubleshooting Symptom Index. Lists in alphabetical order parts of the weapon with possible malfunctions. References work package pages of the troubleshooting table.
• Alphabetical Index. Located at the end of the manual. An extensive subject index for everything in the manual. It gives work package references.
MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES. There are two maintenance chapters, one for unit and one for direct support. Each has an initial setup containing a list of the following things you will need in order to do your maintenance task.
• Tool and Special Tools. List tool kit and tools not found in your tool kit.
• Material/Parts. Lists expendable/durable materials and 100% replaceable parts. A part number or work package reference follows each material or part. If more than one part is needed, the quantity needed will follow the part number or reference.
• References. List other publications containing necessary information.
• Equipment Condition. Lists conditions to be met before starting a procedure. The reference following the condition is the work package reference to instructions for setting up the condition.
• Maintenance Procedures. Step-by-step illustrated procedures for maintenance authorized by the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC), WP 0042 00.
CHAPTER 1 DESCRIPTION AND THEORY OF OPERATION
M240 MACHINE GUN
M240C MACHINE GUN
M240D MACHINE GUN
EXTERNAL VIEW OF M240, M240C, AND M240D, 7.62 MM, MACHINE GUN
M240B MACHINE GUN
M240G MACHINE GUN
M240N MACHINE GUN EXTERNAL VIEW OF M240E1, M240B, M240G, AND M240N, 7.62 MM, MACHINE GUN
Was this article helpful?