a. Controls and Indicators. Controls allow the gunner to configure the sight to the situation and individual preferences while indicators display the current configuration.
(1) The ON-OFF/TUBE BRIGHTNESS control applies power to the sight and controls the brightness of the image intensifier tube. It also enables the ON-OFF RETICLE BRIGHTNESS control to function.
(2) The ON-OFF RETICLE BRIGHTNESS control applies power to the reticle and controls the brightness of the reticle.
(3) The OBJECTIVE FOCUS RING adjusts the range focus from 25 meters to infinity.
(4) The DIOPTER FOCUS RING adjusts the focus of the eyepiece.
(5) The DIOPTER INDICATOR indicates the direction of rotation of the DIOPTER FOCUS RING for + and diopters.
(6) The RETICLE ELEVATION ADJUSTMENT ACTUATOR controls the reticle adjustment in the up and down direction. Each click of adjustment moves the strike of the round 1.0 inch at 100 meters.
(7) The RETICLE AZIMUTH ADJUSTMENT ACTUATOR controls reticle adjustment right or left. Each click or adjustment moves the strike of the round 1.0 inch at 100 meters.
Figure G-15. AN/TVS-5 reticle for the MK 19 and M2 machine guns.
Was this article helpful?
Knife Throwing Techniques of the Ninja. span stylecolor: 000000Do you want to learn the art of throwing knives? Ever wondered how it is done to perfection every time? Well here is your chance. This book contains well over 50 pages of detailed information and illustrations all about the art of knife throwing. This intriguing book focuses on the ninja's techniques and training. This is a must for all martial artists and anyone wanting to learn the knife throwing techniques of the ninja.span