A After performing any work on your firearm such as cleaning, disassembly, or installation of any accessory, check your firearm for proper functioning before firing any live ammunition.
A Be sure the firearm is completely unloaded by visually and physically checking the chamber, elevator, and magazine tube. Also make certain the firearm is pointed in a safe direction at all times.
1. Move the safety button fully rearward to the "ON" (SAFE) position.
3. With fingers and other objects clear of the ejection port, press the bolt release and allow the bolt to move forward under spring pressure. It should lock in the fully closed position. Repeat this procedure several times to check for free movement of the action assemblies.
4. With the action closed and the safety button fully rearward in the "ON" (SAFE) position, pull the trigger fully rearward. The hammer should not fall (NO FIRE).
5. Remove your finger from the trigger. Move the safety button forward to the "OFF" (FIRE) position. The hammer should not fall (NO FIRE).
6. Leave the safety button forward in the "OFF' (FIRE) position.
7. Pull the trigger rearward. The hammer should fall (FIRE).
8. Open the action. Move the safety button rearward to the "ON" (SAFE) position.
A IF YOUR FIREARM DOES NOT PERFORM AS DESCRIBED IN ANY OF THE ABOVE STEPS, CONTACT THE FACTORY AUTHORIZED PRODUCT SERVICE CENTER IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THE FIREARM.
Was this article helpful?