SHOTGUN CAPACITY - Five (5) 3" shotshells (4 in the magazine tube, plus one in chamber), or Four (4) 3 1/2" shotshells shotshells (3 in the magazine tube, plus one in chamber).
MAGAZINE PLUG - You are responsible for complying with all laws regarding magazine capacity. To comply with U.S. migratory bird laws, your shotgun was shipped with a wooden dowel inserted into the magazine tube which limits magazine capacity to two (2) shells.
Before loading, move the safety button fully rearward to the "ON" (SAFE) position (Figure 1).
During loading, never allow fingers or any other objects to contact the trigger. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times.
Open the action by pulling the operating handle completely rearward until it locks in the open position. (See "TO LOCK ACTION OPEN", Figure 4)
Do not load shotgun until ready for use! Unload shotgun when shooting has been completed! The safety button should always be fully rearward in the "ON" (SAFE) position whether or not the firearm is loaded.
Inspect the chamber and bore of the barrel for any obstruction, excessive oil or grease. (The chamber is the rear portion of the barrel where the cartridge will be inserted.) Failure to do so may result in damage to the firearm and/or personal injury when the firearm is fired.
Check to be certain that the ammunition selected is the same type of cartridge as designated on the barrel of the shotgun.
To load the firearm with the maximum number of shells, or fire single shots:
1. Lock action open by pulling operating handle rearward (Figure 5).
2. Load the first shell through the ejection port located on the right side of the receiver. The shell can be inserted directly into the chamber or placed on top of the elevator (Figure 5).
A Keep fingers clear of operating handle and ejection port when closing action (Figure 4).
3. With safety button fully rearward in the "ON" (SAFE) position, and the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, press bolt release until action releases (Figure 4).
4. The action will close under spring force, chambering a live shell. Be sure to keep fingers and other objects out of the ejection port!
A The shotgun in now loaded! The safety button (Figure 1) should be kept fully rearward in the "ON" (SAFE) position until you are on target and have actually decided to fire. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times, and your fingers and any other objects away from the trigger area.
A With the safety button fully rearward in the "ON" (SAFE) position, and the bolt in the forward (closed) position, hold the shotgun with the bottom of the receiver facing upward. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times.
1. Carefully push the shotshell into the loading port, depressing the elevator (Figure 6). This will expose the magazine tube opening within the receiver.
2. Continue carefully pushing the shotshell into the magazine tube until the rim of the shell is past the shell stop (Figure 7). The shell stop will "snap" over the rim of the shell. Repeat this sequence to load each additional shell.
If the shell is not pushed all the way into the magazine tube, it will pop back out on the opposite side of the elevator. If this should occur, keeping the muzzle in a safe direction, simply open the action by pulling the operating handle rearward, ejecting the shell in the chamber. Releasing the operating handle will allow the action to close, automatically feeding the "misloaded" cartridge into the chamber.
Was this article helpful?