• Ensure the rifle is in Condition 4 (see paragraph 3002).
• Move the take down pin from left to right as far as it will go to allow the lower receiver to pivot down from the upper receiver.
• Move the receiver pivot pin from left to right as far as it will go and separate the upper and lower receivers.
• Pull back the charging handle and bolt carrier about three inches and remove the bolt carrier group.
• Remove the charging handle by sliding it back and down, out of the upper receiver. See figure 2-16.
Was this article helpful?