Perform the following steps to fill the magazine with the 10-round stripper clip (see figure 3-11):
• Remove a magazine from the magazine pouch.
• Slide the magazine filler into place.
• Place a 10-round stripper clip into the narrow portion of the magazine filler.
• Place the bottom of the magazine on a solid foundation.
• Using thumb pressure on the rear of the top cartridge, press down firmly until all ten rounds are below the feed lips of the magazine.
• Remove the empty stripper clip while holding the magazine filler in place.
• Repeat until the desired number of rounds is inserted. The recommended number of rounds per magazine is 28 or 29. Thirty rounds in the magazine may prohibit the magazine from seating properly on a closed bolt.
• Remove the magazine filler and retain it for future use.
• Tap the back of the magazine to ensure the rounds are seated against the back of the magazine.
Was this article helpful?