a. Filling the Magazine with Loose Rounds. Perform the following steps to fill the magazine:
• Remove a magazine from the magazine pouch.
• Place the bottom of the magazine on a solid foundation.
• Place a round on top of the follower.
• Press down until the round is held between the follower and feed lips of the magazine (see figure 3-9).
• Repeat until the desired number of rounds is inserted. The recommended number of rounds per magazine is 28 or 29. Thirty rounds in the magazine may prohibit the magazine from seating properly on a closed bolt.
• Tap the back of the magazine to ensure the rounds are seated against the back of the magazine.
Was this article helpful?