Individual Marines must perform user serviceability inspections on their weapons before firing them. This inspection ensures the weapon is in an acceptable operating condition.
• Conduct a function check.
• Check the rifle to ensure the following:
• Compensator is tight.
• Front sight post is straight.
• Front sight post is adjustable.
• Handguards are serviceable.
• Rear sight elevation and windage knobs are adjustable and have distinct clicks.
• Stock is tight on the lower receiver.
• Weapon is properly lubricated for operational conditions.
• Barrel is clear of obstructions.
Was this article helpful?