Weapons commands dictate the specific steps required to load and unload the rifle. Six commands are used in weapons handling:
a. Load. This command is used to take the weapon from Condition 4 to Condition 3.
b. Make Ready. This command is used to take the weapon from Condition 3 to Condition 1.
c. Fire. This command is used to specify when a Marine may engage targets.
d. Cease Fire. This command is used to specify when a Marine must stop target engagement.
e. Unload. This command is used to take the weapon from any condition to Condition 4.
f. Unload, Show Clear. This command is used when a second individual must check the weapon to verify that no ammunition is present before the rifle is placed in Condition 4.
3005. Loading the Rifle. Perform the following steps to load the rifle (take the rifle to Condition 3):
• Ensure the weapon is in Condition 4.
• Withdraw the magazine from the magazine pouch.
• Ensure the magazine is filled.
• Fully insert the magazine in the magazine well.
• Without releasing the magazine, tug downward on the magazine to ensure it is seated.
• Fasten the magazine pouch.
• Close the ejection port cover.
1 3006. Making the Rifle Ready. Perform the following steps to make the rifle ready for firing
2 (take the rifle to Condition 1):
3 • Pull the charging handle to the rear and release. There are two methods of doing this:
4 • Grip the pistol grip firmly with the right hand and pull the charging handle with the left
5 hand to its rearmost position and release (see figure 3-4).
Was this article helpful?