DISASSEMBLY WARNING: Never clean, lubricate, disassemble or work on a firearm while it or its magazine ¡5 loaded.
CAUTION: Before starting disassembly, remove sling, scope and rings and place the rear sight blade In Its down (flat) position.
1. Check to ensure that chambcr and magazine arc clear of ammunition.
2. To remove bolt: Open bolt and pull to the rear while at the same time pivoting open the bolt stop (located on the left side of the receiver). Remove bolt from gun.
3. To remove firing pin assembly from bolt: With bolt out of the rifle and firing pin cocked, insert a pin or nail into the "disassembly hole", as shown in Figure I.
NOTE: The pin or nail should be as close as possible in size to the hole diameter, and at least 2 inches long so that it can be used to 4lever* the firing pin to the rear when reassembling the firing pin assembly into the bolt.
Unscrew firing pin assembly and remove from bolt. (Caution: Do not remove the restraining pin until firing pin assembly is reassembled into bolt.) CAUTION: The firing pin assembly is intended to be a permanent assembly and should not be disassembled. The parts are under great spring pressure and if disassembled could fly apart with sufficient force to cause serious injury. Also, special tools arc required to correctly reassemble this part.
Special note regarding disassembly of the Internationa/ Model: Before attempting to remove the stock (Mannlicher-type) as described in paragraph number 4 (below), first remove the cap screw (D-13200) and then the cap (D-01340).
4. To Remove Stock: Open floor plate and while holding it up out of the way, loosen and remove the screw that holds the floor plate hinge assembly. Next, loosen and remove the screw that is just forward of the trigger guard. Next, loosen and remove the screw which is to the rear of the trigger guard. Remove trigger guard. Remove magazine box. (If magazine box docs not come out readily, do not force it. It can be lifted out with the barrel-receiver assembly, but it must be done with great care.) Lift barrel from the stock very carefully. Lift the receiver at the same time as the barrel is lifted so that the barrel-receiver assembly comes out of the stock level, and not at an angle.
5. In the event that further disassembly is required, do not disturb the trigger adjustment screw (engagement) (Part D-22) or the trigger adjustment screws (over travel) (Parts D04501 and D-44.)
1. To reassemble firing pin assembly into bolt, screw the assembly fully into the bolt. The assembly is properly positioned in the bolt when the flat on the bottom left side of the bolt sleeve (front of bolt facing you) is aligned with the flat on the bottom end of the bolt handle. Note that there is a shallow notch on the rear end of the bolt body —at the end of the cam cut —into which the nose of the cocking piece 'fits'. When the firing pin assembly is being turned into the bolt body, it may be necessary to use the restraining pin as a lever to slightly retract the cocking piece nose so it can be moved into the notch. When the firing pin assembly is correctly positioned in the bolt body, the restraining pin can be removed. But not before!
2. To replace bolt: With boll handle in an upward position and bolt head away from you, align the extractor with the right hand locking lug. Align the locking lugs with the channels in each side of the rear of the receiver and partially insert the bolt. Push bolt fully forward.
3. To replace stock: First, install magazine box on receiver. Place barrel-action assembly— with magazine box in place—into ¿lock. Replace trigger guard and loosely install screws. Install floor plate hinge assembly and firmly tighten screw. (This screw is angled and draws the barrel-action assembly into the bedding surface of the stock.) Tighten the two trigger guard screws as follows: Do not tighten one screw all the way and then tighten the other. Instead, alternately tighten each one—a partial turn at a time—so that the screws will be tightened equally until both are snugly tightened. On the International Model, carefully slide cap onto the end of the stock and install and tighten screw.
Was this article helpful?