- Check to be sure that the chamber of the gun is empty and the magazine is removed.
- Make all cleaning operations from the breech end and guide the cleaning rod with fingers or special bore guide.
- Use the proper length cleaning rod that will allow the brush and other attachments to completely exit the bore.
- Always read instructions and precautions on all chemical products.
- Start cleaning by 10 to 12 complete strokes with the bronze bore brush soaked in bore solvent.
- Then pass a cotton patch soaked with bore solvent once through the barrel.
- Pass several clean patches through the barrel until patches come out clean.
- If the rifle is leaving to stay several days in humid environment pass a patch saturated with rust preventing oil through the bore.
- Remove all grease and oil residue before firing the weapon that have been stored.
Was this article helpful?