4. Using a small amount of powder solvent on the brush, push the cleaning rod through the barrel several times.
5. Unscrew the brush from the cleaning rod and replace it with a patch tip.
6. Push a new patch through the bore starting from the chamber end and out the muzzle.
7. Repeat the prior step (# 6) several times.
8. Push a new patch saturated with gun oil through the bore.
9. Push a new dry patch through the bore to remove the excess oil.
10. When done, always verify that the "THREE POSITION SAFETY" is operational as explained in the beginning of SECTION 2.
Was this article helpful?