You should never point the muzzle at anything, unless you are planning to shoot, especially when you are loading and unloading the rifle. Muzzle direction could be the difference between LIFE and DEATH.
2. Prior to loading, set the safety switch to the center position.
3. Raise and unlock the bolt and pull it to the rear until it stops.
5. Load the magazine with four (4) rounds of the correct caliber ammunition. Make sure that you are using ammunition of the caliber designated on the left side of the barrel.
6. Insert magazine into the rifle, making certain the magazine catch is engaged.
7. Keeping your finger off the trigger, close the bolt by pushing forward and rotating the handle downward to the locked position.
Was this article helpful?