A WARNING: SAFETY GLASSES SHOULD BE WORN DURING THIS PROCESS.
A WARNING: ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIELD STRIPPING INSTRUCTIONS FOR REASSEMBLY EXACTLY. NEVER MANIPULATE ANY INTERNAL
PARTS BEYOND WHAT YOU ARE SPECIFICALLY
INSTRUCTED TO DO IN THIS MANUAL. NEVER ALTER OR
MODIFY THE PARTS IN YOUR PISTOL.
• Replace the recoil spring rod into the recoil spring.
• Replace the recoil spring and rod into the slide.
• Replace the slide and recoil spring assembly onto the frame. Make sure that the recoil spring is aligned properly into the corresponding space in the frame. (Figure 16)
• Place the slide onto the frame and pull the slide as far back as you possibly can to engage the slide rails with the tracks in the frame. (Figure 17)
• Lock the slide in the open position by allowing the slide to come forward slightly as you push up on the slide stop. (Figure 18)
• Place the barrel onto the frame/slide and push down into place as shown in Figure 19.
• Rotate the trigger guard up into place. (Figure 20)
Following reassembly, and prior to attempting to load your pistol, always make certain that the pistol is in proper working order and that there are no unusual conditions to prevent its safe operation. Follow all of the inspection procedures outlined in the "Inspecting Your Pistol" section of this manual.
Was this article helpful?