A WARNING: FIREARMS ARE DANGEROUS AND WHEN USED AND STORED IMPROPERLY THEY POSE A RISK OF SERIOUS OR FATAL INJURIES. FIREARMS CAN BE ESPECIALLY DANGEROUS TO CHILDREN WHEN THEY ARE STORED IN AN IRRESPONSIBLE AND UNSAFE MANNER. FOR YOUR SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU KEEP YOUR FIREARM LOCKED AND UNLOADED IN A SECURE PLACE. THE AMMUNITION SHOULD BE STORED IN A SEPARATE, SECURE LOCATION WHEN IT IS NOT IN USE. SAFE AND SECURE STORAGE OF YOUR FIREARM IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT RULES OF FIREARM SAFETY. YOUR FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH TO YOU OR OTHERS.
• ALWAYS SECURE YOUR FIREARM IN A MANNER THAT WILL PREVENT UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS.
Whenever your firearm is not in use, keep it unloaded and locked. Your safety and the safety of others requires that you always secure and store your firearm in a manner that will prevent unauthorized access. Never leave a firearm unattended unless it is locked, unloaded and secured.
• ALWAYS USE THE LOCK PROVIDED BY SMITH & WESSON TO SECURE YOUR FIREARM. Please read and follow the instructions packaged separately for the use of this lock. A lock, when properly used, can be an effective tool in preventing unauthorized access to your firearm. There are other alternative locks and safe storage containers available in the marketplace which may also be appropriate for your particular needs. Consult your local gunshop, hardware store, or local police department for guidance on the variety of other safe storage devices or practices which may be appropriate for your particular needs. By purchasing this firearm you have accepted the responsibility of safely securing the firearm at all times and preventing its unauthorized use. Never assume that the use of this lock alone is sufficient to safely secure your firearm. It is your personal responsibility to select and use whatever measures or practices that will enable you to be absolutely certain that your firearm is secure at all times.
A WARNING: NEVER LOCK A LOADED FIREARM AND NEVER LOAD A LOCKED FIREARM!!
• ALWAYS STORE YOUR FIREARM AND AMMUNITION SEPARATELY so that they are not accessible to children or other unauthorized persons. Safe and secure storage of your firearm and ammunition are your responsibility. It is a full-time responsibility.
SAFE STORAGE & TRANSPORTATION CONT'D.
• NEVER ASSUME THAT A "HIDING" PLACE IS A SECURE STORAGE METHOD. Others may be aware of your storage location or come upon it by chance. It is your personal responsibility to use common sense when storing your firearm and ammunition and to always make sure they are not accessible to children or other unauthorized persons.
• NEVER TRANSPORT A LOADED FIREARM.
When transporting your firearm, be sure it is unloaded and locked. Safe and secure transportation of your firearm is your responsibility.
• ALWAYS FOLLOW THE LAW! Many jurisdictions have laws that make it a crime to keep a firearm unlocked and in an area accessible to children or others. Keeping a firearm locked and unloaded when not in use is not only common sense safety practice... IT IS THE LAW. You must be familiar with all local, state, and federal laws regarding the safe storage and transportation of your firearm. Failure to know and follow the law may result in unauthorized access or use of your firearm by another. Obey all laws relating to the storage and transportation of firearms. Your local police department or gunshop can furnish you with available information on storing and/or transporting a firearm safely and legally.
• YOUR FIREARM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
You must prevent your firearm from being stolen or from being used by untrained or unqualified individuals. Keep it locked, unloaded and secured when not in use.
Was this article helpful?