• Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
• Never point a gun at any person or thing you do not intend to shoot.
• Do not drop your gun. If it falls, it may fire even with the safety on. If you do drop it, unload it and examine it to be sure it works correctly. Do not attempt to fire it again until you have completed this safety check.
• Never put your hand over the muzzle of the gun.
• Keep your finger(s) off the trigger and out of the trigger guard until you are actually aiming at your target, ready to shoot.
Was this article helpful?