1. Point gun in safe direction and ensure pistol is unloaded.
2. Firmly hold gun, depressing grip safety.
3. Using non-shooting hand, firmly grasp hammer with thumb and forefinger.
4. Be prepared for hammer movement. Squeeze trigger.
5. Slowly lower hammer with thumb and forefinger until it is fully forward.
6. Release trigger. (If the trigger is released early the gun may be on the Safety Stop.)
Note: Always keep and carry your pistol with an empty chamber and with the hammer forward (down) until you intend to shoot, so your pistol cannot be fired unintentionally.
A Caution: If pistol is loaded, gun may discharge if the hammer slips from your grip during this procedure.
Was this article helpful?