Point gun in a safe direction.
2. Firmly "snap" the takedown piece over the exposed portion of the guide rod between inner spring plug and guide rod cap. (See fig. 57-2)
3. Grasp slide, release slide lock and slowly allow slide to go forward. Align disassembly notch on slide with stop. Remove the slide stop.
4. Carefully remove the slide assembly from the receiver.
5. The recoil spring system can now be removed from the slide. (See fig. 57-3)
6. The barrel can now be removed from the front of the slide.
7. Disassembly is now complete.
ALTERNATE METHOD FOR DISASSEMBLY
1. Retract slide to the takedown notch.
2. Align disassembly notch on slide with slide stop.
3. Remove slide stop and slowly remove slide from receiver keeping in mind that the slide is under spring pressure until it clears the receiver.
4. With the bottom of the slide facing up, press the guide rod head forward until enough of the rod is exposed and firmly snap the takedown piece over the rod. (See fig. 58-1 and 2)
5. The slide assembly can now be disassembled as previously laid out. (Described in section 4, Step 2).
Was this article helpful?